Assalaamu ‘alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh,
As we are approaching the end of Ramadaan, the UQ Muslim Chaplain and MSAUQ would like to take this opportunity to thank Allah and then all our imams, volunteers and sponsors who made this Ramadaan really special.
Alhamdu lillah by the grace of Allah and then generous contributions from the UQ Muslim community we were able to provide iftaar every day in Ramadaan. We ask Allah to reward and bless all the volunteers and sponsors.
Taraweeh prayers were held every night and in the last 10 nights of Ramadaan we have been fortunate enough to have Tahajjud prayers as well. A big thank you to our imams for their efforts, Jazaahum Allahu khairan!
As the Eid is approaching quickly, please take note of the following important Eid announcements.
EID in QLD is either on Monday 26th June or Tuesday 27th June based on moon sighting announcement of Council of Imams Queensland (CIQ). It seems most likely, short of certainty, that Eid will be on Monday 26th June. Please see our Facebook page for updates of moon sighting on Sunday night. So please note he following.
If Mon 26th:
P3 (Multilevel Carpark 2)
(See venue information below)
If Tuesday 27th June:
Heath & Holt Rooms
Student Union Complex
7am for 7:15am Prayer followed by khutbah.
IMPORTANT VENUE INFORMATION FOR MULTI LEVEL CAR PARK
1. VENUE MAP
- Red circle is Building 98B = P3 = Multilevel Car Park 2
- Orange circles are pay parking – but will be free until 8am
- Yellow lines are free parking 4P on Walcott St and unlimited on Keith St
- Green lines are Sir Fred Schonell Drive
*PLEASE ENSURE YOU PARK IN DESIGNATED PARKING AREAS.
*PARKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN P3 AND P4 MULTILEVEL CAR PARKS WITHOUT THE AUTHORISED STAFF PARKING PERMIT.
*UQ SECURITY OFFICERS REGULARLY PATROL THE AREA AND ISSUE FINES FOR ILLEGALLY PARKED VEHICLES.
2. TRAFFIC FLOW – LEVEL 1 OF BUILDING 98B
- Green arrows are public access to level 4 via stairs.
- Blue is disabled access and prams up ramp.
*PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE USHERS.
3. PRAYER AREA FLOOR PLAN
- Green arrow – Qiblah
- Green area – Imam area
- Blue areas – brothers’ prayer areas
- Red areas – sisters’ prayer areas
- X – shoes areas
- Yellow line – brothers’ path from eastern stair case
- Orange line – sisters’ path from western stair case
*PLEASE ABIDE BY THE DIRECTIONS OF THE ON-SITE VOLUNTEERS.
CONFIRMATION OF EID
Wishing you a blessed Eid Mubarak!
UQ Muslim Chaplain Sh Aslam